Wednesday, March 08, 2006

So today I was really tired, as usual. Guru Mittar and I stayed up until 10 finishing a group paper for English. We are reading Farenheit 451 and we had to make up our own ending to the story. Then I made chocolate milk right before I went to bed and Kartar, Amrit and I stayed up for a while, talking.
Yoga this morning was taught by Houman. He taught a set for opening up the chest and overcoming personal boundries.
I fell asleep in Science today...I don't usually do that, it was near the end anyway.
Gobind and Ajeet are talking in Portuguese next to me. That is so cool!
Today is Raj Pal's birthday.
I made some more chocolate milk this morning after breakfast...mmm thanks mataji!
Today durring Social Studies a certine someone was arguing with Lakminder because she was just writing the main points on the chalk board and then explaining it and he wanted her to write out the whole answer...baisically he didn't want to have to THINK!

Urg it was so annoying. Then he asked if he could borrow my copy....uh, no.

I'm becoming more interested in Punjab and Sikh history. We do have a class on it taught by a man named Parvinder, who by the way also has a taylor buisness. His method of teaching us is to
a) read strait out of the book, which was written by a Hindu, and has incorrect grammar in it and is just plain confusing
b) summarize the life story of one of the characters from history that we will be having a test on and having us write it into our copies
c) handing out sheets with either question-answer format or just bullet information about the person or event we are learing about.

A lot of the time he will just hand out a sheet and expect us to study it for the whole 40 minute class period. That is basically how we learn in that class, by memorising the notes we take.

I gtg it's 2:35 and Sandeep wants to close the computer lab now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

Wow, I wouldn't do well with that sort of teaching method in general, and to add in the other stuff.. wow. Cool that you are interested in the subject though!

2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home