Today I feel like I actually learned something in science. Sandeep was teaching us about electricity and how to figure out how much energy you would need to move a charge from one point to the other. Thinking about college is exciting for me. I want to start reserching about the different classes that are available and just get a feel for what is out there.
hmmm...
Major: Photography
What makes an object beautiful? How can that same object be shown in a disturbing light? How has the camera evolved throughout the last century, and what impact have these changes had on the art world? Can a photograph created for business purposes, such as a billboard, ever transcend commerce and become art? As a photography major, you'll explore such ideas.
Of course, you’ll spend much of your time practicing the art of photography. You’ll learn the basics of composition, color balance, and the use of light. You’ll also experiment in the darkroom, practicing a range of techniques to control the way your image impacts the viewer.
collegeboard.com is so useful!
gtg to math

1 Comments:
College will definitely be different than MPA! Most colleges these days follow the corporate model: Get more students make more money. In considering science and photography you would have to consider what you want from college. One is more practical (you can make money and provide for your family), the other is more artistic (you can explore your own creativity). I've been very practical (or what I consider to be practical) my whole life, so I went for a degree that interested me and would help me get a good job. I do photography on my free time, people are enjoying my work, and I like giving it away for free rather than trying to figure out how I could support myself with my art. I don't mean to discourage you, I'm just sharing my experience. I studied computer science. I got a bachelors and then a masters. Now I have a good job, and I can fully enjoy any art. Most art degrees will give you a good education but limited (or no) possibilities for steady work. I don't mean to sound pessimistic, really I just mean that you will develop in your art naturally, and college can help you to be successful in other areas. It's nice to have a balance, also it's nice when you can afford to support the arts rather than being a starving artist.
Post a Comment
<< Home