Goin' to Gowindwall!
Today we are leaving to Gowindwall!! I'm nervous, but part of me can't wait to get there and start on the steps. I need to learn the actual story of that place but it is known for it's 84 steps which end at a small pool. Normally when people go to Gowindwall, the do the steps, meaning they say Jap Ji on every step, while dipping in between. It can take anywhere from 12-20+ hours to finish, depending on if you do it strait through or not.
I really want to do all 84 steps this time.
"This time?" you ask. Well, yeah my first year we went and I did 76 steps!! I know, I know sooo close. I was looking for an excuse to take a break and for the last 10 or so steps I had been saying Jap Ji with Stella and on the way to the 76th step she stubbed her toe and it started bleeding so I was like...."well, uh, I guess we should take a break, and uh, go sleep!" I would have had time to finish but I didn't set an alarm and we ended up leaving a few hours before schedule.
I'll definatly do it this time...you just wait and see man....ohh yeah I'm gonna finish!
Kartar and Amrit are going too. We packed this morning. Lots of warm clothes and a fleece because it gets cold dipping all the time.
I think I'm supposto play a shabad this weekend at Gurwara, but, yet again I haven't really practiced. Urgh, this always happens. Seriously, it's gotta stop. I will practice at some point. I don't really know when because we're leaving for Gowindwall at 3 and it is almost 12 and I need to eat lunch and I have a test next period which I'm not compleatly ready for. I guess when we get back.
I have 15 minutes to eat lunch. gtg.
:D

4 Comments:
hi,
i read your blog - its really cool to get an insight into life at mpa - your'e really really lucky to be out there - i really want to go to goindwal now! - yeah your blog is really entertaining - so keep it up!
Your sis in UK
Suddenly I can't remember how long I spent to do Japji on all 84 steps, but I know it was definitely less than 12 hours. I saved time by running up and down the stairs when dipping in between japji. This reduces time a lot. Good luck. Meditating for an extended period of time is a beautiful experience.
question: when doing Japji Sahib @ Gowindwall can one take breaks in between or does it have to be continuous? cuz my mum said for it to count, it must be continuous.
Good Luck Bhenji!
Post a Comment
<< Home