I love Sewa
Sewa has been awesome. Wow, what an experience. Getting up at 2am every morning to be at the Golden Temple every morning by 3 in time to wash the marble prakarma surrounding the temple. After sewa is finished I normally bow in the golden temple and then to the roof to do my banis and 31 minute meditation. If I look down from the roof I can see a whole 1/4th of the prakarma totally dominated by our school. Everyone is doing their meditations or dipping.
A few days ago after I was finished with my meditation an older man called me over and told me that he thought it was wonderfull that I was meditating at this age because I will only get better with time. He asked to listen to the cd I was chanting along with (Guru Dev Mata). He closed his eyes and listened for a few minutes, nodding his head. I told him all about the school and he seemed very happy to hear that kids from all over the world were into sikhism.
It's things like this that are just cool. Oh by the way, I helped save a fish today. It had been in a bucket someone threw on the steps. I saw it's tiny shimmery body jerking around on the stair and scooped it up and put it in Guru Amar's bucket which she dumped back into the nectar tank.
I gtg study. We started practice board exams today. We just had Math and next is English. No one's really taking them too seriously because they don't count for any points, but they are still good for practice.

2 Comments:
Hey, Gurunam Kaur. This is Siri Krishna Kaur, Hansmukh Kaur and Harimander Singh's mataji. I know you from KYC and I love reading your blog. It's a different perspective than I sometimes get, and love your writing style and views. Thanks so much for providing this. You do a great service to all. Blessings to you.
Guru Di Fateh
You daily wake up in Amritvalla and do seva in Harmandir Saheb great am speechless. your Faithfully,
Sukhbir Singh
Post a Comment
<< Home